诗生活网

 找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 4671|回复: 1
收起左侧

[美] Larry Levis《村中流言》

[复制链接]
发表于 2014-8-23 00:57:51 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 tommyleea 于 2014-8-23 01:01 编辑

#《纽约客》译诗# Gossip in the Village (村中流言) by Larry Levis  "Larry P. Levis (1946-1996) was an American poet. He was born the son of a grape grower; he grew up driving a tractor, picking grapes, and pruning vines. He died of a heart attack in 1996, at the age of 49."
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Gossip in the Village
村中流言
By Larry Levis

I told no one, but the snows came, anyway.
我谁也没告诉,但雪还是下了一场又一场。
They weren’t even serious about it, at first.
起先,他们都没把这当回事儿。
Then, they seemed to say, if nothing happened,
然后,又好像在说,要是什么也没发生,
Snow could say that, & almost perfectly.
雪是会这么说的,而且还说得滴水不漏。
The village slept in the gunmetal of its evening.
村子在炮铜色的夜幕下睡了。
And there, through a thin dress once, I touched
在那里,隔着单衣,我曾触摸过
A body so alive & eager I thought it must be
一个鲜活、热切的身体,我想一定是
Someone else’s soul. And though I was mistaken,
谁的灵魂吧。虽然我错了,
And though we parted, & the roads kept thawing between snows
虽然我们已经分开,路上的雪也一直在融化。
In the first spring sun, & it was all, like spring,
最初的春阳里,一切像春天那样
Irrevocable, irony has made me thinner. Someday, weeks
无可挽回,讽刺把我变得消瘦。有一天,几个
From now, I will wake alone. My fate, I will think,
星期以后,我会独自醒来。我会想,我的命运
Will be to have no fate. I will feel suddenly hungry.
就是没有命运。我会突然觉得饿。
The morning will be bright, & wrong.
早晨会变得明媚,并且错误。

2014.5.5
发表于 2014-9-13 07:58:51 | 显示全部楼层
nice

手机版|诗生活网 ( 粤ICP备18148997号 )

GMT+8, 2021-1-19 08:26 , Processed in 0.037322 second(s), 12 queries , Gzip On, File On.

Powered by Discuz! X3.4

Copyright © 2001-2020, Tencent Cloud.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表